For many brides, a “worst case scenario” is when you unexpectedly struggle with severe weather changes on the day of your wedding. (This can include scorching heat & humidity and/or rain & other wet weather.) We’re here to tell you that THIS IS NOT THE WORST THING! While it can become a hiccup in the process of altering some of the arrangements for the ceremony/reception and can delay events of the day, there’s no reason why it still can’t be the best day of your life!
Here are some of tanaRi events helpful tips & tricks for these extreme weather situations during the summertime:
- Location/venue: once you’ve commit to your spot, be sure to discuss with the venue planner(s) all options for spots on site that can accommodate for any unexpected weather conditions (especially for outdoor weddings in summer & winter seasons.)
- Travel arrangements: it is important to provide guests with several recommendations of transportation to & from the venue (particularly for destination weddings.) Also, it doesn’t hurt to throw an umbrella and/or poncho (rain), scarves (cool weather) and extra pair of shoes (any weather).
- Umbrellas: keep an assortment on site should there be sudden changes in weather.
- Tent: putting up a tent for the reception could help with very mild weather (ie. heavy winds, snow, light drizzle, etc.)
- Refreshments: guests will be happy if you provide cool beverages before and/or after the ceremony (especially in hot weather)
- Dress attire: stick to light color/material dresses (women) and thinner texture/layers (men)
- Food: avoid delicate creams/ingredients that can melt and/or spoil in warm weather (ie. cheese-based desserts, mayonnaise, ice cream)
- Hair/make-up: simple is best to avoid discomfort, unraveling & discoloration of makeup on the skin
- Wedding gifts: this is a great opportunity to be personal & creative with DIY items that can help guests. For example, offer some fans, mini water bottles with custom wrapping or visors.
Are you planning an upcoming wedding and need more questions answered? Contact us and we’ll be happy to speak with you further!
In addition, check out this great weather.com article that provides other excellent suggestions on other topics that can be affected with weather (ie. flower arrangements, reception chairs)