tanaRi events staff has had the privilege traveling to many beautiful countries and cities for both business & pleasure. We’d like to capture and share some of these special times in our new “tanaRi travels” blog series. Here we will share personal photos and favorite things-to-do/spots that can serve our readers advice for vacations, wedding destinations, bachelorette parties and/or honeymoons!
We loved experiencing the French country and would make a beautiful backdrop for a destination wedding! Here’s some of our must-see/eat/do things:
- Ain-Ex-Provence is must do!
- Visit Isle-sur-la-Sorgues (Sundays) to discover its famous antiques market.
- The villages of Fontaine de Vaucluse, Gordes, Roussillon (Market on Thursday) and Lourmarin to discover their differences, traditional boutiques, landscapes, colours, nature and gastronomy.
- In the summertime, make a pit stop to the lavender fields of the Senanque Abbaye if Lavender fields are in bloom (June/July period).
- Goult was fabulous and not too touristy. We recommend you walk all the way to the top for the wind mill. It was great for antiques & shopping for rustic & very authentic French designs!
- Arles: discover its amphitheater and narrow streets just before going to the valley of the famous Pont du Gard, the impressive aqueduct of the prestigious and rich city of Nimes.
- The fortified city of Avignon: check out the famous Bridge close to the huge Popes’s Palace. There’s a little park up behind the palace where you can capture great views.
- Drive through Saint Remy and admire the Provence Vincent Van Gogh felt in love with. That was one of our favorites.
- Les Baux de Provence: you will capture the medieval atmosphere of one of the nicest perched villages in France.
FOOD [Both in Avignon]
http://www.la-mirande.fr/ [Also, serves as a beautiful hotel with church bell sounds and birds chirping, making for a wonderful backdrop to the quaint area.]
Get in touch with the restaurant about dining in their French kitchen, where you have the option private dining for 14 guests in their ancient kitchen. [Also, perfect for a wedding rehearsal dinner!] Just let them know your dietary restrictions ahead of time.
Please enjoy some of the beautiful architecture & the charming elements of the French country!