One of our team members had the pleasure of traveling to Santa Barbara for a wedding this summer. The result? A gorgeous, DIY vineyard wedding experience to remember! The warm weather, delicious wine and stunning views are just a few of the reasons why Santa Barbara is an excellent location for a wedding! There’s such a nice balance of city and greenery/landscapes, which gives couples a lot of diversity when deciding what kind of wedding they’d like to have and the fabulous pictures that will capture this beauty! We’re listing out some of the great reasons for wedding in downtown Santa Barbara AND going further north towards the wine region (e.g. Los Olivos, Solvang, Santa Ynez, etc.)
Downtown Santa Barbara
- Right next to the beach and steps from the Pacific Ocean
- Tons of fun bars/restaurants to have great meals and enjoy some of the wine and beer of the region
- Stunning views of the mountains
- Great paths for walking and exploring the city
Santa Barbara wine regions
- Gorgeous vineyards and landscapes
- Delicious wine
- Vast space to host a wedding
- Great built-in decorations, (wine barrels, wine bottles, barn-style reception)
- Fun day-time activities for guests (wine tastings, cute European-inspired towns with good food, shopping)
- Great trails for walking/jogging around the mountains
We highly recommend Santa Barbara; Whether it be for a long weekend getaway with your significant other, a bachelorette party with your girlfriends or to plan your wedding.. It’s a beautiful town with lots of scenic variety, a multitude of activities and at a bare minimum, a good place to wind down and get a glass of great wine at some of the wine shops downtown or take a bottle you bought at a vineyard and bring some glasses to the beach on E. Cabrillo Blvd.!
Here’s just a taste of the fabulous wedding we attended! We loved the barn style reception, small DIY personal touches (old family photos), and vintage lace, books and other decor for the guests’ tables! Contact us for more details about planning a destination wedding and/or California weddings in particular as well as other wineries, bars & restaurant recommendations. Make sure you also check out here and here to the unforgettable Aptos, CA wedding that we planned. This really was a wedding dream come true!