ALERT TO THE MEN AND WOMEN PLANNING TO PROPOSE TO THEIR PARTNERS: This is your time to get creative! While the big wedding decisions might be made by your “better half”, this is your time to show the person you love how much you mean to them by incorporating fun, yet personal elements to your proposal.
For those struggling for ideas – here’s our general list of “engagement styles” and how you can tweak them to your personal taste!
- Destination proposal: for a more “adventurous” experience for you both, whisk your partner away on a vacation that you’ve always wanted to take together. This could be as extravagant as a trip to the city of romance (Paris) or the mountains in New Zealand or taking a drive to a B&B where you can have a more serene trip.
- Specific ideas: snorkeling and taking a waterproof proposal sign into the water, a beach picnic proposal, sky diving (for the more daring types!)
- Family proposal: for many, it is important that the families be incorporated into the day of the proposal. Whether that be seeing your family after you’ve already done it or using them as decoys in the process, we understand why one would want to include them. Just make sure that if they know the plans – they better be good at keeping secrets!
- Specific ideas: scavenger hunt (use family members as hints and let them be part of the clues!)
- Intimate proposal: sometimes it’s about the simple things & you don’t want any disruptions.
- Specific ideas: How about taking them to your favorite dining spot for a quiet dinner or you can plan to order-in their favorite meal and happen to have rose petals and candles set up in your house/apartment beforehand. (Just make sure you keep them occupied earlier in the day so you don’t get caught planning!)
Images (L-R): Noelle Soroka; United With Love; Skydive In Virginia