In honor of World Vegetarian Awareness Month, here are our top five tips for looking and feeling great for brides-to-be, the vegetarian way!
1) Keep that skin smooth and glowing with organic and vegetarian beauty products
- Forest Essentials makes an amazing variety of products from naturally distilled pure essential oils, pure cold pressed, organically grown vegetable oils and plant extracts. Personal favorites – Floral Makeup Remover & Velvet Silk Body Cream Madurai Jasmine & Mogra. Definitely check them out.
- Bioéthique Certified Organic is one of the world’s first and only premium quality third-party certified organic lines made in Provence, France. Personal favorite is Bioéthique’s Day Cream, which is a light moisturizer with immortelle extract, rose geranium essential oil and extra virgin olive oil.
2) For inexpensive options, try these amazing homemade skin treatments for your hair & skin
- Treat your hair to an oil massage with olive oil (for dry hair) or almond oil (frizzy hair) and, if possible, leave it on overnight prior to shampooing.
- Cooling mask for the face – Combine one tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature and one tsp runny honey (add few drops of limejuice for oily skin). Apply to face and let sit for 15 minutes. Wash face with mild face cleanser.
3) Celebrate fruits & veggies this month – add more color to your diet
- Add a good blend of fruits and veggies to your diet along with a good balance of carbohydrates and protein to feel fit & healthy. Include lentils, whole grains, various beans and tofu to fill yourself up so you do not miss the carbs or the protein. Check out this article for those organic/non-organic decisions.
- Juices are an easy way to add fruits and vegetables to your diet. Many of them are packed with the benefits of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Just watch out for that added sugar and extra sodium.
- Water is key for great skin and health. People tend to drink less water during fall and winter because of the cooler weather, so you might have to remind yourself about it. It is important to stay hydrated for that glowing skin.
- When you shower or wash your face in the colder months, make sure to use lukewarm water such that the skin is not stripped of its natural protective oils.
5) De-stress –
- Yoga/Meditation: Yoga involves a series of both moving and stationary poses, combined with deep breathing. In addition to reducing anxiety and stress, yoga can also improve flexibility, strength, balance, and stamina. Breathing meditation for stress relief is a simple, yet powerful, relaxation technique.
- Vegan Shopping: If retail therapy is your stress buster, here are a few PETA approved animal-friendly choices.
Got great beauty tips that you want to share? Send them our way.